Chichen Itzá is the most famous, the best renovated and the most visited Mayan ruin. The city is declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO and in the year 2007 was named one of the New Seven Wonders of the World.
During our excursion we will see the best known pyramid of Kukulkán (El Castillo), Temple of Warriors (Templo de los Guerreros), El Caracol “observatory”, ball-game court (Juego de Pelota) and Sacred Cenote (Cenote Sagrado) where pre- Columbian Maya sacrificed objects and human beings.
After a visit of Chichen Itza we are going to cool place to cool down in cenote Samula. This limestone cave with crystal clear water is one of the most photographed cenotes in the Yucatan. The swimming in refreshing water is a great experience.
It is time to taste typical Yucatecan cuisine. It is said that drinking alcohol after a meal prevents food poisoning. So after lunch, as a bonus, we are going to visit Tequila distillery and get to taste the famous Mexican alcohol.
At the end of our trip we will make a short stop in Valladolid – city with a colonial charm and Mayan history.
Chichen Itza Gallery
The trip starts in the early morning- between 6-7 am (depending on the number of people and location of the hotel.) Return is planned before dinner.
- Private transfer in the air-conditioned car
- Guide and official local guide in Chichen Itza
- Tequila tasting
- Lunch with 1 x non-alcoholic beverage or 1 x beer
- Non-alcoholic beverages in the car (2 x water)
- Take comfortable clothing and shoes, swimsuits, towel, sunglasses, caps or hat, sunscreen and mosquito repellent
- Cash or card for purchase of souvenirs or for renting the locker in cenote
See all tours